Mojo Foxx LLC is built upon a strict code of ethics. We recognize the importance of credibility, integrity and trust-worthiness to our success as individuals and as a business.
We believe strongly in the principles of honesty, loyalty, justice, equity and respect. It is our desire to work with individuals and companies that share similar ethics. Mojo Foxx promises to conduct its business practices using the following principles:
OUR GENERAL ETHICAL PRINCIPLES
QUALITY: We will always strive for the utmost quality in all of our work.
VALUE: We set our rates on what we believe is a just compensation for work performed. We do not believe in charging what the "market will bear." If we did, our rates would be much higher. We run an efficient business and believe we have an equitable pricing schedule.
HONESTY: We will never say things that are false. We will never deliberately mislead. We will be as candid as possible, openly and freely sharing information, as appropriate to our client relationship.
LOYALTY: We want our clients to prosper. We will not pass on information about their company and/or any "trade secrets" we may be privy to. We will not construct a website for any business in direct competition within 25 miles.
COMMITMENT: We will go to great lengths (and long hours) to keep our commitments. We will not make promises that can't be kept.
FAIRNESS: We will create and follow a process and achieve outcomes that a reasonable person would call just, evenhanded and non-arbitrary.
RESPECT FOR COPYRIGHTS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: We will not "rip off" copyrighted graphics, photos, fonts, or textual content for the construction of any website.
INTEGRITY: We will live up to ethical principles, even when confronted by personal, professional and social risks, as well as economic pressures.
HOW THESE PRINCIPLES SPECIFICALLY RELATE TO YOU:
1. We promise that you will always know in advance what your web site will cost. There will be no hidden surprises at settlement time. Our Type I websites are fixed-price packages as well as the add-on options. Our Type II websites are Lump Sum based on clearly-defined tasks. Even Type III sites, which are "special cases" work within a set budget at an hourly rate. You will not be charged more than what we agree on at the get-go.
2. We promise to never try to sell you something you really do not need. Our philosophy is one of keeping websites as simple as possible. We prefer lean and mean to "bloat."
3. We promise that your website will be completed by the date we set. The only exception to this is when you, our client, holds up getting necessary information to us.
4. We promise that your responsibilities and our responsibilities within the web development process will be clearly defined so that no one is uncertain.
5. We promise to not build any website that has deceitful or unethical content. We will not try to make a small business appear to have 100 employees. We desire to see your business prosper, and dishonesty will always come back and bite in you in the rump! We will not use extremely foul language, nor produce pornographic sites.
6. We promise to never "rip off" graphics or photos from other websites. If your website requires special images they must be provided by you or purchased from stock image websites. We will not infringe on the copyrights of others.
7. We promise to never use fonts that we have not licensed for commercial use, without first paying for a license. We have a library containing hundreds of licensed fonts. However, if you desire a particular font that is not in our library, we will only work with it if a license is acquired.
8. We promise to never steal content ("scraping") from other sites to place on our site, or the site of our clients. Our text is honest and original, and yours will be to.
9. We promise to never participate in affilate programs. We will never be tempted to steer a client to a particular product or service so that we can get a "kickback." It is a common Internet practice, but one we abhor.
10. We promise to never participate in "Black Hat" SEO practices. There is one little Mississippi design studio that has 155,000 backlinks to their website. They are not fooling anyone, especially the search engines. Deceitful seach engine optimization is unethical and a dangerous risk to your business being banned.
In closing, we will not accept a job which we cannot honorably perform, or which violates our personal integrity or moral standards. We maintain the highest standards of ethics within our industry, and will not violate those standards, even at the request of a client. We will not engage in any practice which we feel is unfair to you, or which we believe may compromise your ability to succeed, even if you feel it is acceptable to do so. We will not assist any business owner in promoting the sale or distribution of products or services which we feel will have a negative influence on society.
NOTE: The Boy Scout image represents that old-fashioned honest pledge. It is the Norman Rockwell Sketch used on a 1960 Postage Stamp. Norman Rockwell images may be the copyrighted property of the Norman Rockwell Estate. It is used here under the Fair Use Act as an historical image.